GnuPG doesn't work with all user accounts

michaelstefan michaelstefan at gmx.de
Wed Jun 7 11:26:16 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'm trying to send crypted Mails with PHP and GnuPG. I've installed GnuPG
imported PublicKeys and encrypted mails. It all works fine.

Now, I wanted to add a Public key and this doesn't work anymore.
The command --list-keys gives me:

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=03)
gpg: read_keyblock: read error: invalid packet
gpg: enum_keyblocks(read) failed: invalid keyring

With user root or other users --list-keys works fine. Only as the User of my
Webserver I get these errors.

The strange thing is, that encryption with the PublicKey I already imported
(some time ago) still works fine.
I'm only not able to import new keys or --list-keys.

in my php file I use the following command:
/opt/gnupg/bin/gpg -a --always-trust --batch --no-secmem-warning -e -u
"wwwrun" -r "Peter.Bromsberg at bromsberger.de"

this works.

Has anybody an idea?
many thanks