Keyring Directory

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jun 25 05:18:03 CEST 2006

Bob Henson wrote:

> Would someone kindly confirm the gpg.conf line for setting the
> keyring directory elsewhere than the standard one, please. As far
> as I can see, the --homedir command sets the directory for the
> executable files, but I'm not sure what to set to move the keyrings
> to another path to the standard (Win XP) path of ...../application
> data/gnupg. Maybe it's an environment variable needs setting?

<snip>

Sorry for the out of sequence reply, just joined the list. :)

I think what you want is actually a series of entries in your options
file. This works under Linux with a thumb drive, maybe you can get it to
work under Windows(?) by just changing the paths to the keyrings.

# Begin - Set keyrings to flash drive
no-default-keyring
keyring /mnt/cruiser/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
secret-keyring /mnt/cruiser/.gnupg/secring.gpg
# End.

--
Hand Crafted on Sat. Jun 24, 2006 at 23:02

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
                                 -- Groucho Marx