Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (getkey.c:2079:merge_selfsigs)

Phil Pennock gnupg-users at spodhuis.demon.nl
Thu Mar 2 16:21:14 CET 2006

On 2006-03-01 at 19:10 +0100, Sergi Blanch i Torné wrote:
> Ok, in this case (David correct me if i am wrong) it look like there was
> something broke in the pubring that was fixed when you ran
> '--update-trustdb' (over an unpatched binary).

Makes sense, although I'm curious as to what, and how it might have been
recoverable.

> Now you haven't any problem. All works fine? I, also, download this key in my
> pubring without problems.

Everything appears to, yes.

> I remark: this ecc patch is _experimental_, use it carefully!

Thanks.  In this case, because there had been recent-ish core MPI
changes which David had provided one patch for, I assumed that this was
core gnupg and not anything touched by the Gentoo patches.  Silly me,
Gentoo patches touch _everything_.  ;^)

I thought that the ECC patch just provided eliptic-curve crypto, so for
keys using normal sigs, it wouldn't have any effect; I'm rather
surprised that a keyring problem could be caused by it.

Thanks,
-Phil