Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.4.4

markus reichelt ml at mareichelt.de
Wed May 10 20:09:55 CEST 2006

* SeidlS at schneider.com wrote:

> We are beginning the process to upgrade our gnuPG installation from
> 1.2.1 to 1.4.4.  I have looked on the website, but have not found
> directions on how to do this upgrade.  Can someone please provide
> me that information, or a link to the site containing that
> information?

Last time I checked the latest version was 1.4.3

You could uninstall the current gnupg if you use a package system.
Then install the new one. Or just compile and install the latest
version, end users won't notice any difference. Well, I didn't :-)

However, when it comes to signing keys gnupg as of version 1.4.x
needs the config option ask-cert-level to be either present in
~./gnupg/options or on the command line - in case that particular
option is missing, the default level of signature (0) is given to
keys being signed (if no default-cert-level option is passed along to
gnupg of course).

I still fail to see the benefit of this behaviour, but that's the way
it is.

--
left blank, right bald