smart card usage on multiple workstations

Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber joerg at schmitz-linneweber.de
Fri May 12 09:14:08 CEST 2006

Hi Kai!

Am Dienstag, 9. Mai 2006 07:54 schrieb Kai Kretschmann:
> But how do I use this key on a second computer? I was thinking of simply
> plugging the card into another workstation and use it there too. But the
According to Werner the missing "stubs" for the private keys (which are on the
card), should be generated by gpg "on-the-fly" if you issue a command like
--card-status or the like...
(Please have a look in the mail-archive with keywords "opengpg card")

But here this _never_ happend with all of our cards and all version of
gpg! :-( The stubs were only generated in the "key issuing" gpg installation.

Our only chance to move the stubs to other/new workstations was to manually
export the (priv.) keys/stubs or move the keyrings.

HTH. Salut, Jörg

--
gpg/pgp key # 0xd7fa4512
fingerprint 4e89 6967 9cb2 f548 a806  7e8b fcf4 2053 d7fa 4512