smart card usage on multiple workstations

Kai Kretschmann kai at kaikretschmann.de
Tue May 9 07:54:47 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I can successfully generate a key pair on my smart card using gpg and
even use that key to sign something.
But how do I use this key on a second computer? I was thinking of simply
plugging the card into another workstation and use it there too. But the
second gpg installation by itself doesn't know anything about this key.
importing the public part via keyservers isn't enough as it still misses
the private key part. How do I give the second gpg the hint to search on
the card for this key?

Thanks,