gpg error messag

Jim Dever jdever at triad.rr.com
Mon Nov 6 04:44:26 CET 2006

Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> Jim Dever wrote:
>> Can anyone help me out with the meaning of this error message?
>
> It will help us out considerably if you can tell us more about your
> problem.  What operating system are you using?  What version of GnuPG
> are you using?  What hash algorithm does the message say it's using?
> What program generated the message in question?  What version of
> Enigmail?  What... etcetera?

Ok... Using Windows XP Pro, Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Enigmail 0.94.1.0, GnuPG
1.4.5.

I'm trying to verify the signature on the automated email from the PGP
Global directory keyserver.  This is the only email that has ever shown
this message.  Here's the Enigmail Console output with a -vv added to
it.  Hash appears to be SHA1.

Thanks.

=====
enigmail> C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe --charset utf8 --no-version
-vv --b
atch --no-tty --status-fd 2 --verify
gpg: armor header: Hash: SHA1
:packet 63: length 11 :literal data packet:
	mode t (74), created 0, name="",
	raw data: unknown length
gpg: original file name=''
gpg: armor header: Version: PGP Universal 2.0.4
:signature packet: algo 1, keyid 9710B89BCA57AD7C
	version 3, created 1160456543, md5len 5, sigclass 01
	digest algo 8, begin of digest 0b 1a
	data: [2046 bits]
gpg: Signature made 10/10/06 01:02:23 using RSA key ID CA57AD7C
gpg: WARNING: signature digest conflict in message
gpg: Can't check signature: general error
enigmail.js: Enigmail.decryptMessageEnd: Error in command execution
=====

--
Jim
OpenPGP KeyID:  0x006921e