iconv.dll via load-extension

sturthe sturthe at web.de
Mon Oct 9 15:49:39 CEST 2006

Hi,

just tried to enable iconv.dll and idea.dll in the optionsfile (gpg.conf).
Note: Both files are in a folder called lib!

load-extension lib\iconv.dll
load-extension lib\idea.dll

Using the --version command I recognize that idea.dll was found, but there's
the nasty "iconv.dll missing error". So I used a file monitoring program
(FileMon from SysInternals) and found, that (after execution) gpg.exe looks
first for iconv.dll, and then for gpg.conf. I can't believe that this was
intended, because in an earlier version (1.4.3) there was no such a
behaviour.

Maybe somebody can confirm this?

Thanks

PS: Using GnuPG 1.4.5 on Windows XP