iconv.dll via load-extension

Laurent Jumet laurent.jumet at skynet.be
Fri Oct 13 14:10:04 CEST 2006

Hello sturthe !

sturthe <sturthe at web.de> wrote:

> just tried to enable iconv.dll and idea.dll in the optionsfile (gpg.conf).
> Note: Both files are in a folder called lib!

> load-extension lib\iconv.dll
> load-extension lib\idea.dll

> Using the --version command I recognize that idea.dll was found, but there's
> the nasty "iconv.dll missing error". So I used a file monitoring program
> (FileMon from SysInternals) and found, that (after execution) gpg.exe looks
> first for iconv.dll, and then for gpg.conf. I can't believe that this was
> intended, because in an earlier version (1.4.3) there was no such a
> behaviour.

> Maybe somebody can confirm this?

    Iconv.dll is not able to figure in --load-extension
    Only idea.dll

    Try with only idea.dll and look what --version says; this:

IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH

    means that idea.dll is loaded; otherwise you'd get:

3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH

--
Laurent Jumet
      KeyID: 0xCFAF704C