Problem generating keys on FSFE card

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 18 10:02:33 CEST 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:07, Werner Dittmann said:

> gpg: Bitte warten, der Schlüssel wird erzeugt ...
> gpg: pcsc_transmit failed: not transacted (0x80100016)

"Not transacted" is in most cases a catch-all error return for the
card driver.  This happens with many PC/SC drivers when issuing a
command to generate a key on the card.  I have had not the time to
fully debug this but it seems to be a problem in processing the
waittime extension request.

If you use a CCID based reader, you should try to use gpg's internal
ccid driver instead of PC/SC.  To make this work you might need stop
stop the pcscd first.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner