can't disable core dumps

Juan Felipe Mogollón Rodríguez jfmogollon at zitralia.com
Mon Oct 23 15:24:14 CEST 2006

Hello to everybody:

I am trying to make a script to generate a sign configuration files via
CGI and Perl and I have a problem when I call gpg to sign my generated
files:

Here is the sentence that gives me problems:

$resultado=system("echo $FORM{'$passphrase'}| gpg --yes --no-batch --clearsign /var/www/files/file.txt");

when I execute that sentence I receive this output in my apache log.

> [Mon Oct 23 09:13:59 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] gpg: fatal: , referer: http://127.0.0.1/formulario.html
> [Mon Oct 23 09:13:59 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] can't disable core dumps: Permission denied, referer: http://127.0.0.1/formulario.html
> [Mon Oct 23 09:13:59 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] secmem usage: 0/0 bytes in 0/0 blocks of pool 0/0, referer: http://127.0.0.1/formulario.html

I know that it is not a good practice to send my passphrase in a pipe and that is the mistake. I have tried to work with various cpan perl modules but none of
them work in my case.

GnuGP::Iterface return me the same resulta as "normal" way and GnuGP tell me that gpg cant open shared memory.

I hope anybody can help me.

I am using Fedora Core 4 and perl 5.8.6 and gpg 1.4.5.

Many thanks.