Option file setting of cipher and hash not global?

anogeorgeo at softhome.net anogeorgeo at softhome.net
Mon Sep 18 04:02:36 CEST 2006

Hi,

 --I hope this is not a double post, forgive me if it is--

My system:
Windows XP Home SP2
GnuPG 1.4.5

I wish to have GnuPG automatically use the cipher algo TWOFISH and hash algo
RIPEMD-160 for all keys that are created.

I have these settings in my "gpg.conf":
cipher-algo TWOFISH
digest-algo RIPEMD160
s2k-cipher-algo TWOFISH
s2k-digest-algo RIPEMD160

But when I create a new key and use "showpref" I find the key is using the
cipher AES256 and the hash SHA1.

Is it possible to make all keys use TWOFISH and RIPEMD-160 by default?

Also, is there a batch command that will automatically process the "setpref"
command after "gpg --edit-key {key at email.com}" is processed?  I tried using
the following batch file but it prompts to "Command>" after processing "gpg
 --edit-key {key at email.com}":

 ---
cd "C:\Program Files\GnuPG"

gpg --edit-key {key at email.com}