How to sign mail and news under Windows system by using GnuPG?

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Fri Apr 6 03:28:29 CEST 2007

On Thursday 05 April 2007 17:48, Moses wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Could anybody tell me how to sign a email under Windows by using
> GnuPG? I've done some google, but could not find any Windows mail
> client support GnuPG. Furthermore, I also want use GnuPG in Outlook
> Express to sign mails and news, could anyone tell me how to do it?

When I google "gnupg Windows client" I find the following programs in Windows
that are supported:

Enigmail
    Is a plug-in for Mozilla's mailer.

EudoraGPG
    Is a plugin for the proprietary Eudora MUA.

Gpg4win
    Gpg4win is an installer package for Windows with computer programs and
handbooks for email and file encryption.

GPGee
    GPGee (GNU Privacy Guard Explorer Extension) is a shell extension that
adds Windows explorer right-click menu support for GnuPGIs a MS-Windows
program to integrate GnuPG into the Desktop.

GPGOE
    Is a plugin for the proprietary Outlook Express MUA.

GPGol
    A plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2003.

GPGrelay
    Is a Windows program which can be used to use GnuPG with all MUAs.

Pocket GnuPG
    Pocket GnuPG is the PocketConsole port of GnuPG.

Scribe
    Scribe is a small and fast email client that lets you send, receive and
manage email without fuss. Scribe comes with a plugin that calls GnuPG.

Sylpheed-Claws
    Is a very nice GTK+ based MUA with full support for GnuPG. The Windows
version is part of Gpg4win .

wija
    wija is a free and cross-platform Jabber/XMPP client written in Java, with
built-in GnuPG key rings management GUI. Its extended protocols allow users
to encrypt chat and multi-user chat as well as encrypting/signing messages
and signing presence of the user. It is multilingual and runs on GNU/Linux,
Mac OS X and Windows.

Possibly one of these can work for you.

bob at rsmits.ca

"I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil. I simply suspect that
if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an interpreter."
-InfoWorld Editor Nicholas Petreley