Using GNUPG with php scripts and webserver

womble chris at aquanuke.com
Sat Apr 7 03:50:43 CEST 2007

Hi I cant get php scripts from Apache to execute GNUPG comands.

I figure its a USER problem.

If I run cmds or execute php scripts from the cmd line that works fine.

Im running Cpanel with PHP Version 5.2.0

Apache is running as nobody, and in /etc/passwd I have

nobody:x:99:99:Nobody:/:/sbin/nologin

I tried changing that to

nobody:x:99:99:Nobody:/home/nobody:/bin/bash

so that I could su to nobody and do gpg --import KEY and set the trust but
even after that I still couldnt run any PHP scripts from the browser.

Anyone give me a step by step how to set up GNUPG with PHP in a browser.

Thanks