Using GNUPG with php scripts and webserver

Stef Caunter stef at caunter.ca
Sat Apr 7 04:53:18 CEST 2007

Check error_log for the problem (if you can) - permissions on ~/.gnupg files
will cause things to not work and you must have environment exported for the
nobody user. I reset $ENV{'HOME'} in perl... there must be something
similar in php. If you can view the environment the server provides in the
browser you can see if you have what gpg requires. I assume the binary is in
$PATH for the webserver.
Keys must be readable and implicitly trusted for the webserver user and
this user must have somewhere to write if you are using temporary files.

Stef
http://caunter.ca/crypto.html