Gnupg cannot handle extremely large keys on 32 bit Linux

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sat Apr 14 16:31:12 CEST 2007

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 04:38:46PM +0300, Charly Avital wrote:
> David Shaw wrote the following on 4/14/07 3:37 PM:
> > On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 03:54:10AM -0400, Charly Avital wrote:
> >
> >> If the above is accurate, we have a key:
> >> - that was apparently imported as 2D879666, but gpg --edit-key 2D879666
> >> does not find it.
> >> - whose fpr shows its Key ID to be 17CACAE3
> >> - that has been signed (sig!3) with a key whose Key ID is 2D879666, back
> >> to square one.
> >
> > Indeed, and this is very strange.  Can you tell me if you compiled
> > 1.4.7 yourself or downloaded it pre-built from somewhere?
> >
> > David
>
> I compiled myself 1.4.7 from source.

And this is a regular 1.4.7, no patches or anything done beyond
download, ./configure, and make ?  And you tested it with the exact
key from the original email at
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2007-April/030733.html ?

I'm not sure where to go with this from here.  Clearly you and I are
doing something different.  I just downloaded a brand new copy of the
1.4.7 tarball from ftp.gnupg.org, and built it again on three
platforms and tested against the key from the original email.  It
still works.

Can someone else with a Mac try importing that key?

David