Gnupg cannot handle extremely large keys on 32 bit Linux

Alexander Feigl gpglist at umbra-obscura.de
Sat Apr 14 18:44:18 CEST 2007

Am Samstag 14 April 2007 schrieb Charly Avital:

> After reading Ludwig's post, I proceeded to import Feigl's key, using
> the same procedure he followed.
>
> You might remember that when I originally imported Feigl's key, I used
> Thunderbird+Enigmail's OpenPGP option to import the key block (I
> remember I expressly reported it), without having to copy+paste+save in
> a stand alone file.
>
> Now, when I import the stand alone file I created, I get the following
> in Terminal:

Looks good.

Can anybody test it with 2.0.3 on Mac?

For me it look like there are problems with saving to key to disk. Importing
the key with 1.4.7 and then checking the key with 2.0.3 seems to work last
time I checked it (x86 Linux). At least as long as the key file is not
touched by 2.0.3. If Enigmal would use the same gnupg components as gnupg
2.0.x this would explain the behaviour. The key gets written out incorrectly
and gnupg 1.4.7 fails because of this.

Is there any easy way to view and compare the key material (prime product,
public exponent...) of a key ring?

Alexander Feigl