Quantum computing (Robert J. Hansen)

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Apr 19 18:23:18 CEST 2007

> please confirm if i have understood your post correctly to imply
> that if someone uses a straight diceware passphrase

I'm not going to talk about this for three reasons.

1.  I've never used Diceware, so I can't talk intelligently
     about it.

2.  The answer will depend a lot on implementation details.
     What s2k algorithm is being used?  What algorithm is
     used to encrypt the secret key?  What... etc., etc.

3.  I've already explained why quantum computing is not
     something we need to worry about.  Be far, _far_ more
     concerned with the physical security of your machine
     more than any hypothetical developments in quantum
     computation.

We tend to obsess over quantum computing.  We shouldn't.  At this
point in time it's science fiction.