Key Revocation

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sat Apr 21 06:39:16 CEST 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 10:40:19PM -0500, Chris wrote:

> I 'assume' at the "Command>" prompt I'd enter adduid and my new
> embarqmail.com address.

Yes.

> Once that is done, in order to make it the primary key would I then
> have to again run gpg --edit-key and my new uid and at the Command>
> prompt enter primary?

This will work, but you don't actually have to do it.  The most
recently added user ID is automatically treated as the primary if
there is no primary set.  If you want to set it anyway, just select
the new uid ("uid 1") and enter "primary".

> If I understand this right I'll still be using the same key only
> with a different address. Since I've now, hopefully, made my embarq
> address my primary is it just a simple matter of exporting this to
> the keyservers?  Then later down the road when I'm sure that all
> mailing lists and so forth have changed to the new address I just
> run all the above and at the Command> prompt run revuid
> cpollock at earthlink.net.

You select the user id with "uid x" where x is the number of the user
ID.  Then "revuid".

David