Algorithm 11 not available

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Apr 28 10:51:57 CEST 2007

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:17, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> Remember that GPG2 uses libgcrypt for it's crypto, so you'll also need
> to use a libgcrypt that has SHA224.

I will release libgcrypt 1.3.0 with support for SHA224 next week.

I am not sure whether it is justified to add support for SHA224 to the
stable version of libgcrypt (1.2.4).  That depends a bit on the
development process of 1.3.x - there are some things which I would like
to see for a final 1.4 but I don't know how long that will take.  Only
in case it turns out that things will take too long it is likely that we
will backport some features.

Although 1.3.0 will be earmarked as development it may be used in the
real world.  It might not be a good idea to use it for widely deployed
distributions.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner