Questions about generating keys (hash firewalls)

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sun Aug 26 08:03:28 CEST 2007

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007, Doug Barton wrote:

> The other question I had is about what you said above regarding truncating
> hashes with DSA2. Am I understanding correctly that even with DSA2 the hash
> size can be no larger than 160 bits?

*sigh* Never mind this bit, I just re-re-read a later part of the thread
where you said that it was possible to generate a DSA2 key that can use a
full 256 bit hash.

I'm still curious about the issue of whether the hash firewall issue makes
a "significant" difference or not though.

Doug

--

 	If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough