How to have 2 seperate keyrings on a server

Greg Motter greg_motter at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 19:02:00 CEST 2007

Hello,

GPG newbie here and have a question.

I'm working on setting up some encryption on a server and have been working
with a consultant giving us what we should be doing. One thing he wants us
to do is set up 2 keyrings and maintain 2 keyrings on our server. All we are
doing is encrypting flat text files that contain sensitive info when they
are at rest. Then having a seperate process to decrypt these files when they
are needed. What he wants us to do is this:

1) Have a first keyring with our main key pair. The decrypt process will
access this keyring to do the decrypting.

2) Have a second keyring with just the public key from the first keyring.
We'd then access this second keyring for our encryption process.

>From everything I've read. I see that you can change your keyring from the
gpg.conf file. Is it possible to change the keyring you want to use from
within the command line? I've tried using --keyring  and --primary-keyring
from the command line a bit without success.

Any suggestions?

Greg