gpg: Option "--passphrase" is ambiguous

Greg Motter greg_motter at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:08:48 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm currently getting the error "gpg: Option "--passphrase" is ambiguous"
when I attempt to use the --passphrase switch.

I believe this is because our test box only has gpg 1.4.1 installed? Does
anyone remember when --passphrase was added as an option. I took a look at
the release notes and did not see it after 1.4.1.

When I run this on the window's version, I don't get this error and it works
just fine in --batch mode.

If this is not a release version issue? Any ideas?

Greg