pinentry-curses and gpg-agent ipc write error

Adam Richards adam at avertech.net
Thu Aug 30 17:30:27 CEST 2007

> > If this works. the problem is due to gpg.  To debug this, I
> > suggest to use ktrace to tarce the system calls done by gpg.
>
> Alright, will do.  I'll send relevant results of kdump of
> ktrace.out soon.

Didn't get very exciting output of ktrace:

~> ktrace -dit+ /usr/local/bin/gpg -d mail.gpg
[...]
~> kdump -f ktrace.out
 70994 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
 70994 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xbfbfe7a9,0xbfbfe678,0xbfbfe688)
 70994 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/local/bin/gpg"
 70994 ktrace   NAMI  "/libexec/ld-elf.so.1"

A ktrace of the same cmdline, but with pinentry->pinentry-gtk,
renders the exact same output (except pid of course) -- and
pinentry-gtk works where pinentry->pinentry-curses does not.

Any suggestions for deeper inspection?

Thanks.

-Adam