personal-*-preferences

Wed Aug 29 14:29:03 CEST 2007

Hi

I'm playing around with the ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf file.

For example I've set "personal-cipher-preferences S9 S8 S7 S10 S4 S3 S2"
(I also tried delimiting them with commas).

I have made sure that those ciphers are supported in my GnuPG version
(Ubuntu Feisty Fawn) by looking at "gpg --version".

But all those personal-*-preferences don't do anything.

When I create a new key and enter "pref" at the edit-key menu, I see "S9
S8 S7 S3 S2 H2 H8 H3 Z2 Z3 Z1 [mdc] [no-ks-modify]", that's exactly the
result without any personal-*-preferences setting in the config file.

Where am I wrong? I have successfully used those settings on another
computer in the past, I think.

Thomas