smartcard and ssh

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Feb 2 13:23:40 CET 2007

On Fri,  2 Feb 2007 11:15, r.post at sara.nl said:

> I've set the agent with ssh support, and it quite nicely manages my ssh
> dsa key, but for some reason ssh-add -l does not show my smartcard rsa
> key while gpg --card-status does work (as does signing e-mail with my
> smartcard).

Do you have scdaemon installed?  If so, you should put

verbose
debug 1024
debug 2048
log-file /home/foo/scdaemon.log

into the ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf and kill the scdaemon process.  Make
sure that it really got killed.  Then do an "ssh-add -l" again and
watch the log file.

Note, that gpg-agent starts scdaemon and restarts it if has crashed.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner