Newbie question

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Feb 9 11:54:27 CET 2007

On Fri,  9 Feb 2007 11:36, antonio.bleile at seac02.it said:

> Mh... That means I've missed something really fundamental...
> When you send an encrypted mail you send the encrypted
> data and the receiver at some point has both, the public
> key and your encrypted mail. Else, how should he read your
> mail? Am I totally wrong?

It is the way around.  You use the *public* key to *en*crypt to the
recipient.  The recipent uses his *private* key to *de*crypt.

Of course you could include a private key in a viewer software so that
anyone can encrypt files for use by this viewer.  I think that is what
you had in mind.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner