Newbie question

Antonio Bleile antonio.bleile at seac02.it
Fri Feb 9 12:01:45 CET 2007

 Hi,

> On Fri,  9 Feb 2007 11:36, antonio.bleile at seac02.it said:
>
> > Mh... That means I've missed something really fundamental...
> > When you send an encrypted mail you send the encrypted data and the
> > receiver at some point has both, the public key and your encrypted
> > mail. Else, how should he read your mail? Am I totally wrong?
>
> It is the way around.  You use the *public* key to *en*crypt
> to the recipient.  The recipent uses his *private* key to *de*crypt.
>
> Of course you could include a private key in a viewer
> software so that anyone can encrypt files for use by this
> viewer.  I think that is what you had in mind.

Exactly. I interchanged the terms. Weird. Shouldn't public
be "public"??? Thank you for clearing this up. There are
the other two questions still open ;) :

- Does libcrypt do the job? I guess so...
- The CAD data may contain a fixed header, so an atacker knowing
  the header might use this info to easily get the private key?

Thank's and Salam,

 Toni