Sending Public Key

Janusz A. Urbanowicz alex at bofh.net.pl
Tue Feb 13 14:14:53 CET 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 12:53:38PM -0700, jason heddings wrote:
> Thanks for the reply (and keeping me from making a big mistake)...
>
> So, for doing basic data encryption / transmission, what's the right way to
> go?  We just need to do public key encryption, send the data (via email or
> postal), decrypt on a backend.
>
> Thanks for all the help here...  Obviously I'm trying to forge new ground
> for our company.

It sounds like OpenPGP is exactly what you need. All senders get your
key, encrypt the data, send it to you you decrypt it. It can be easily
automated with scripts around GPG or (in compiled languages) using
GPGME. Since you don't mention need of any kinky stuff in the area of
key management, it seems trivial.

And if you need moral support, I can attest that I've seen GPG used to
do similar stuff in the banking industry.

Alex
JID: alex at hell.pl
PGP: 0x46399138
od zwracania uwagi na detale są lekarze, adwokaci, programiści i zegarmistrze
 -- Czerski