[Macgpg-users] GnuPG v2.0.2 MAC OS install - TESTING NEEDED!

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Sat Feb 17 12:24:22 CET 2007

Benjamin Donnachie wrote the following on 2/17/07 1:01 PM:
> Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
>> I'll throw together a friendlier GUI fronted install
>> package this afternoon and will make an announcement
>> when it's ready.
>
> It was quicker than I thought...  GUI install can be downloaded from
> http://www.py-soft.co.uk/~benjamin/download/mac-gpg/mac-gnupg-2.0.2-TEST1.zip
>
> Double click to extract the installer from the archive and then double
> click on the newly created mac-gnupg-2.0.2-TEST1 install package.
>
> Follow the prompts, entering your password when asked, and then all
> files for gpg2 will be installed in the right places.
>
> You will still need to complete the following steps:
>
> ii/ Download
> http://www.py-soft.co.uk/~benjamin/download/mac-gpg/environment.plist
> and save in ~/.MacOSX/
>
> iii/ Add "source ~/.gnupg/.gpg-agent" to the file ~/.profile  (Create
> ~/.profile if it doesn't already exist)
>
> iv/ Create the file ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf containing the single line:
> pinentry-program
> "/Applications/pinentry-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/pinentry-helper"
>

> v/ Log out.
>

> Remember that "~" is a shortcut recognised by the command line that
> represents your home directory.  So ~/.guupg/ actually means
> /Users/benjamin/.gnupg/ on *my* system!
>
> Apologies for any confusion caused by the .tgz archive.  Again, the
> remaining install steps will be automated.
>
> Ben

Hi,

Although I had already managed with the command line used in the
previous release, and reported that all was working fine, I downloaded
the GUI package to test it.

Unzipped, ran, logged out/logged back in (for good measure).

Everything is working fine just as reported in my previous e-mail:
gpg-agent is running fine for signing and decrypting in Thunderbird and Mail

Thanks, Ben.

Charly