Upgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.4.6

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Jan 18 19:01:42 CET 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 10:59:06AM -0600, SeidlS at schneider.com wrote:

> Can anyone help with an upgrade from 1.0.4 to 1.4.6 on AIX.  We have
> installed the new version, but are running into issue with the keys on the
> existing key rings.  We are getting errors that gpg is questions whether
> the keys actual belongs to the person named in the user ID.  We have run
> the --rebuild-keydb-caches, but are still getting that error.  Can anyone
> provide some input on what we need to do to fix this issue?

GPG needs you to tell it which keys are ultimately trusted (i.e. your
own keys).  Do "gpg --edit (thekey)" enter "trust", and set the trust
to "ultimate".  Repeat for each of your keys.

There is a script ("convert-from-106") that comes in the tools
directory of the GPG distribution that automates all this.  Just run
that and it will do all the work for you.

David