working with bare gpg - how to close the text-block

Sven Radde sven at radde.name
Wed Jan 24 17:55:25 CET 2007

Hi!

Bazzz schrieb:
> This replies by "gpg: Go ahead and type your message ...  "
> And there it stops. I can keep on typing .. but can't close the
> text-entering and make the gpg continue.

You need to send the "End of File" character manually.
Try "CTRL-Z" "ENTER".

But note that when invoking solely "gpg" it expects data to
decrypt/verify and there is not much point in typing that manually (but
you could use the clipboard to copy&paste an encrypted message there).

You could, however, start with "gpg -e" to encrypt a message manually.

cu, Sven