trust owner => trust his key?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Jan 25 17:42:09 CET 2007

Hans Ekbrand wrote:
[..]
> I don't want to sign these keys myself, since I haven't checked the
> validity of them. I belive in the validity of them, but I would not to
> vouch for it.

There is a very simple way to solve all of this: Get enough signatures
so that your key is in the strong set. This will automatically approve
of most (if not all) of the Debian keys as they are also in the strong set.

To check how 'strong' your key is, and to figure out how to get your key
a bit stronger so that it belongs in the strong set check the following
URL's and contact folks which are near you. Dropping in at events always
has a very good effect on these as there are always some people with a
very strong key and in effect in you only need one of those to be fully
trusted.

http://www.biglumber.com - Key Signing Party central
http://pgp.cs.uu.nl      - Calculate trust paths.

Greets,