FireGPG (correction)

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Tue Jul 3 01:55:56 CEST 2007

John W. Moore III wrote:
> Andrew Berg wrote:
>> There was a mismatch of GPG versions. I fixed that, and FireGPG makes
>> valid signatures with GPG 2.0.4.
>> The "algorithm 11 not available" problem remains, though.
>
> 'Algorithm 11' or S11 is Camellia and *should not* be Enabled except for
> those approved for Inter Interoperability TESTing.  Therefore S11 should
> _not_ appear unless You have Compiled GnuPG with this algorithm enabled. :-\

Ummm

Except the OP was referring to gpg2 which does not have any of the Camellia code
in it yet. So concluding that it's Camellia is a bit of a stretch.

Since the error occurred in md_enable, it'd be a safer bet to go checking in the
hash functions.

Also, this is a *known error*, see this thread, 'Algorithm 11 not available',
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2007-April/030974.html

It stems from the fact that the cipher library in gpg2 does not have SHA-224
(hash algorithm 11) enabled.

Amazing tool, list archives. 8-}\

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:   John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10/0x18BB373A

As we know,                         We know there are some things
There are known knowns.             We do not know.
There are things we know we know.   But there are also unknown unknowns,
We also know                        The ones we don’t know
There are known unknowns.           We don’t know.
That is to say                     -The Existential Poetry of Donald H. Rumsfeld