Ownership of usb device with udev.

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at free.fr
Tue Jul 3 11:30:01 CEST 2007

Werner Koch a écrit :
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:38, guillaume.yziquel at free.fr said:
>
>> Visibly, purging pcscd does not solve the problem. Concerning
>> permissions, I guess I have some work to do:
>
> Indeed.  That is your problem.  Use lsusb to figure out where the SCR335
> is attached and the manually update the ownership for testing.  The
> HOWTO has hints on how to install the hotplug stuff.

I read the hotplug stuff was deprecated, and that udev should be used
instead. The output of lsusb -v concerning the smart card reader follows.

My main problem is that I do not really understand how udev works. I
understood there was lots of renaming involved. And with all these
renamings, I do not really know how to make ownership changes.

I'd really love to find a good document on how udev works. In particular
with debian.

Thank you.

Guillaume Yziquel.