gpg2 for windows?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jul 19 09:34:39 CEST 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:41, hhhobbit at securemecca.net said:

> ZIP add on program do you want the GnuPG team to standardize on?  On
> the 'nix systems they just call bzip2 natively via pipes.  On Windows

Actually we are using libzip2.  Support for bzip2 is thus compiled in if
this library and its corresponding development files are installed on
the build system.  Same goes for Windows; here the development files
need to be installed ion the cross-build environment.

> else is an add-on.  In other words, yes they could demand that you use
> 7-Zip

That one is not specified by OpenPGP.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner