CRL checks with gpgsm

timotheus timotheus at tstotts.net
Fri Jul 27 01:48:19 CEST 2007

Hi. How do I automate CRL checking with gpgsm? I understand the
following:
   CRLs are loaded / retrieved by dirmngr
   gpgsm invokes dirmngr, providing some information
   dirmngr could be standalone per user, or system daemon

As user, dirmngr attempts to use the config file:
   ~/.gnupg/dirmngr_ldapservers.conf

What should go into this file? According to other posts, perhaps:
   server:port:::o=organization,c=domain

How do I determine what server(s) should be in this list?

Any assistance would be appreciated. I have gpgsm working for Thawte
email S/MIME, but requiring the option `disable-crl-checks'.

-timotheus