setting expiration dates

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Jun 7 04:20:39 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 03:17:21PM -0700, Joseph Oreste Bruni wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2007, at 1:42 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
>
> > On Fri,  1 Jun 2007 22:01, jbruni at mac.com said:
> >
> >> Awesome. Would you consider updating the prompt reflecting that
> >> capability?
> >
> > Enter a question mark at the prompt to see a help text.
>

> This is interesting: After changing my encryption subkey's expiration
> by a few days (from 2008-02-07 to 2008-01-01), I tried to upload the
> updated key to the PGP Global Directory (http://keyserver.pgp.com).
> It complained that my key had expired, but it hasn't. Submitting the
> key to the SKS key servers (hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net) didn't
> have a problem. My key ID is CD5518C7 if you want to look at it.

Your key looks fine to me.  Possibly the GD was complaining that you
have two expired subkeys, though this should not matter as you also
have an unexpired one.

Perhaps try deleting the expired subkeys before submitting the key to
the GD.  If that works, you might submit a bug report on the GD, since
an expired subkey should not prevent uploading the whole key.

David