Two questions

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Jun 22 21:20:21 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 10:43:15AM -0500, Andrew Berg wrote:
> 1. Why is it using RIPEMD160, when my preference is SHA256?

The preference on the key is unrelated to what you will use when
signing with that key (though given how often this comes up, I'm
tempted to change it).

Pick the hashes you like, and put a line in your config file listing
those hashes:

  personal-digest-prefs SHA256 RIPEMD160

This will use SHA256 when possible (i.e. when signing with a RSA or
DSA2 key), and RIPEMD160 otherwise.

> 2. How do I make the key ID "Andrew Berg" mean my newer key for this
> address instead of my older one (bahamut at madhatt.com)?

In your config file:

  default-key (your-keyid-here)

David