PGP Desktop and GPG

Bruce Cowin bdc at topenergy.co.nz
Wed Mar 14 22:45:27 CET 2007

If I have generated a key using PGP Desktop, would I be able to import and use that key with GnuPG?  Our subscription to PGP Desktop is about to expire and it says the functionality will be reduced to that of PGP Freeware.  All we do with it is encrypt files (not emails), so I think this is ok.  I'm not sure if the PGP Desktop gui interface will stop working or not, so thought we could use GnuPG and Gpg4Win which we currently use on another project to replace PGP Desktop.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Bruce