using private key on removable media

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue May 1 23:32:46 CEST 2007

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue,  1 May 2007 17:11, hawke at hawkesnest.net said:
>
>> Let me guess -- I won't be able to keep the primary secret key offline
>> any more?
>
> No, no.
>
> It is just so that the public keys will be moved to a file (called
> keybox) which allows to store meta data like fingerprints and such and
> make searching for keys far more effective.  The current keyrings are
> actually very slow and there must be magic somewhere so that they work
> at all.

I assume private keys will also use this keybox?  Either way, I'm not
sure that it's relevant to my initial complaint, that gpg doesn't look
at all the information available to it before deciding whether an
operation is possible.  I hope it will help, and I look forward to the
keybox format solving my complaint.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"