[Confusion] distinction between the 2 versions 1.4.6 & 2.0.3 & how to make the key compliant with 2.0.3

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 19:46:30 CEST 2007

Hi Werner,

On 5/15/07, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2007 08:22, shirishag75 at gmail.com said:
>
> > it. Firepg kept telling me that the signature is not valid. Thinking
> > it was an issue with the extension per-se made a post about the same
> > in firepg & was consequently banned. Although there was no explanation
>
> I don't know firepg so I can't help you here.
>
> What I can tell you is that gpg (1.4.*) and gpg2 (2.0.*) should be
> identical - it is actually the same code with glue to integrate into the
> entire gnupg-2 system.  So the keys are supposed to be identical...
>
> ... but, depending on the version of libgcrypt you are using the list of
> suppoorted algorithms may be different.  For example my gpg 1.4.7 gives
> me this list:
>
>   Supported algorithms:
>   Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
>   Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
>   Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB
>
> and gpg2 2.0.4 :
>
>   Supported algorithms:
>   Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA, ELG
>   Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
>   Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB
>
> A problem now would be the SHA224 algorithm which is not supported by
> gpg2 (or better, libgcrypt 1.2.4).
>
> To see why you have problems with your key, we need more details about
> the key and the failing signature.

   Here's a screenshot of the email I sent :-

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7193/notvalidsignatureshotdf5.png

I'd guess you would
use the --export-secret-keys command line switch from 1.4.7 and then
--import into 2.0.3  If you don't still have 1.4.7 installed, maybe boot
from a Knoppix CD or something and make sure the key file is in the
directory gpg expects ( ~/.gnupg/  I think).

 Also what do u guys think of Mr. Casey Jones, do u think he's right
at the above.

> Shalom-Salam,
>
>    Werner

 Please lemme know what you guys think of the above points,
            Shalom
--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17