Can't run GPG --recv-keys under Windows Vista.

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Tue May 29 21:40:55 CEST 2007

Robert J. Hansen wrote:

>Turning off UAC is definitely not recommended practice, according to
>Microsoft.

As if I care what is recommended by Microsoft. I run my windows
installations (win2000 on a server and XP on a laptop, both are
dual boot machines with Linux) always from an account with admin
priviliges because windows is unworkable otherwise. Most windows
programs are not designed for multi-user setups. My internet
connection is behind a hardware NAT router, which is sufficient
to have still 0 virus of malware infections. Ad-Aware only finds
tracking cookies, and I get those on Linux too.

>Microsoft strongly advises UAC be left on,

They also recommend to leave WGA on, and they say they have good
reasons too. However, good for them does not mean good for me.

It started with XP, and with Vista it is stronger, that you have to
hack your own system to counter the DRM shit it's equiped with.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html