Can't run GPG --recv-keys under Windows Vista.

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue May 29 22:15:49 CEST 2007

> As if I care what is recommended by Microsoft.

Anyone who casually dismisses vendor documentation and
recommendations probably does not have much of a future as a
sysadmin.  That's not to say the vendor should always be obeyed, of
course.  But the vendor's recommendations should be read, considered
and understood before deciding whether to throw them away.

> They also recommend to leave WGA on, and they say they have good
> reasons too. However, good for them does not mean good for me.
>
> It started with XP, and with Vista it is stronger, that you have to
> hack your own system to counter the DRM shit it's equiped with.

Discussion about how to get GnuPG working with Vista is probably
fine, but Windows bashing seems a bit off-topic.

--
Robert J. Hansen <rjh at sixdemonbag.org>

"Most people are never thought about after they're gone.  'I wonder
where Rob got the plutonium?' is better than most get." -- Phil Munson