Newbie GnuPG under Windows XP Pro - Redux

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Wed Nov 14 23:49:31 CET 2007

Charly Avital wrote:
> In MacOSX or in Ubuntu, I know how to open and edit ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf,
> where gpg.conf is a text file where from gpg reads its options. I have
> done it many times, when required.
>
> But in Windows, there's something called gpg.conf.exe, which to my still
> much limited knowledge of Windows, is an executable file, and I have no
> idea how to actually open it. Sorry for the basic ignorance.

There is a binary gpgconf.exe installed as part of gpg2 in %PROGRAMFILES%\Gnu\GnuPG

gpg.conf is a text file that lives (normally) next to your keyring files in
%APPDATA%\GnuPG

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe (a) tx DAWT rr DAHT con
Ginger Bear Networks             hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net