Strange decryption problem (block_filter read error)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Nov 30 09:16:20 CET 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:24, yalla at fsfe.org said:

> gpg: block_filter 00B36A38: read error (size=9277,a->size=9277)
> gpg: Problem reading source (16560 bytes remaining)
> gpg: handle plaintext failed: file read error

Is it possible that the file has been corrupted for example by a merge
of some status output or debug messages of a frontend (mutt?) into the
data stream?

> Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? Is my smartcard
> maybe borked?

I dont think that this is a problem with teh samrtdcard.  The problems
occurs during bulk decryption and not whule decrypting the session key
with the smart card.  However it is in theory possible that the
smartcard code printed debug messages to stdout.

CR/LF <-> LF mapping somewhere?

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner