pinentry-mac never displays any UI

Richard Bronosky BrunosJunk at Bronosky.com
Mon Oct 1 20:09:19 CEST 2007

I've had no luck with the binary version that I downloaded based on
Benjamin's various howtos and mailing list messages.  I have
downloaded the source, and poked around it in Xcode.  I wanted to make
sure that there was a GUI element to the pinentry-mac.app.  There is.
I built it and tried placing both the build and debug versions in
/Applications.  I've also downloaded and compiled pinentry-helper.c
and placed it inside /Applications/pinentry-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/
and set ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf to try it.

Nothing works.  Same result in all cases.  The pinentry-mac icon
bounces, but I have no UI to speak of.

MacBookPro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz, 2GB DDR2
uname -a
Darwin IT-F1-P-RBRONOSKY 8.10.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.1: Wed May
23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.22.5~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Please advise.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.