[GPGol] GPGol won't install

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Oct 11 13:42:47 CEST 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:18, bob.henson at galen.org.uk said:

> Apologies if I wasted anyone's time - I found the problem. The installer
> does not force a reboot after running and that's what it needed to get
> the new files to show up. A note for the developers though, it would be

The installer offers to reboot if a reboot is required - thatis if a
file already exists and is in used (e.g. gpgex.dll which is loded by
explorer or gpgol.dll wwhen outlook is running).

Reboot is not required in other cases - that's the theory.  If you can
describe again what files don't show up, I can change the the installer
to ask for a reboot.

> (unless anyone knows better?). I tried to change Outlook's "send and
> receive" preferences, but clicking the menu item had no effect at all. I
> had to re-boot the computer again to restore its normal functionality.

Sometimes an outlook instances is running for some time after beeing
closed.  That could be the source of your problem

GnuPG is not really supported yet - we merely install the command line
utilities.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner