Separate Fingerprint for elGamal-Subkey?

Pitigrilli cklein at gmx.com
Fri Oct 19 14:47:51 CEST 2007

Someone to whom I had recently sent my public key just called me to verify
the Fingerprint of my key, created with gpg4win-1.1.3. I chose my key pair
in the Windows privacy Tray and double clicked on it to tell him the
fingerprint, and he confirmed it. The guy then told me "Now let's check the
fingerprint of the elGamal-key." My reaction: "???". I could not find a
separate fingerprint for the elGamal subkey (though threre  is a respective
subkey in my public key), neither with this software nor in the GNU privacy
assistant. I did some research on the web and did not find any references to
a separate "elGamal-fingerprint". Thus the guy insisted that his
PGP-Software does display it (unfortunately I do not know which SW he uses).
I thought that there is only one fingerprint and that this would be
sufficient to confirm the integrity of the public key. Can any please
provide me with some information? Thanks, Pitigrilli