Detached signature that is not one

Sascha Kiefer sk at intertivity.com
Mon Oct 29 22:28:36 CET 2007

Hi,

I wrote an programm, which automatically decrypt/verifies incoming parts of
an email.
Actually, works pretty good. I just parse the mail, decompose it in several
files, give it gpg,
verify output and rebuild the email.
Today there was this spam email. It only had an body which gpg recognized as
an detached signature
and asked me for the datafile. Which of course, i didn`t have. Please find
the body of the email attached.

Is this a bug in gpg? (tried ver. 1.4 and 1.4.7)
How can i prevent gpg to ask for the datafile but just failing?

Thank you for answers.

Cheers,
Sascha